The Southeastern Linked Repeater Net began in 1991 before there was Echolink, IRLP, or even the public domain of the internet. The net began with a core group of repeaters linked together to allow for a small, informal gathering of participants. Over the years the net expanded with more repeaters routinely linking in each and every week. While Echolink has been added to the net to allow for greater flexibility to accommodate check-ins, the links between repeaters continue to be established via RF (as opposed to using the Internet).
The Southeastern Linked Repeater Net is called each Wednesday night at 9:00 PM eastern time. The repeaters operate on a variety of frequencies on 50, 144, 220, 440, and 900mhz and are located all over the southeastern United States providing coverage in parts of the following states:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
We take check-ins, by repeater(s). At about 9:30 PM we stop for "Swap Shop and Announcements". We ask that you keep your announcement under two minutes and that it be amateur radio related. After "Swap Shop and Announcements" we will take check-ins by state.
One of the first regular net controls for the Southeastern Linked Repeater Net was Jay, KC4JD, who currently resides in Johns Creek, GA. Jay served as primary net control shortly after the net's inception in 1991 until 1998, when Jay temporarily relocated out-of-state. Then, Robert, KD4YDC, located in Fayetteville, GA, took over as primary net control, and has remained in that position ever since that time. During Jay's time away from Georgia, other operators, like Shawn, KG4OVQ, located in Chattanooga, TN, Steven, KG4PTO, located in Atlanta, GA, and Jonathan, W4CGP located in Lilburn, GA assisted Robert as alternate net controls. In 2003, Jay relocated back to Georgia, and assumed the role of alternate net control to assist Robert as needed.
If you are interested in trying your hand at calling this net please contact Robert via email email@example.com
For more information on EchoLink check out Recently the Southeastern Linked Repeater Net extended its reach by linking in the KI4NGD-R EchoLink node (node #317195). For more information on EchoLink check out http://www.echolink.org
The repeaters listed below participate in the Southeastern Linked Repeater Net. Please help us thank each of these individuals for their support of this net! Please also help me keep this list current. If you see a repeater listed that does not link in, or know of a repeater that does link in but is not listed below please drop me a note. Also please point out any corrections that need to be made.
- Frequency (Tone) Location Owner Links To Website
- 147.255+ (94.8) Petros, TN KJ4SI (none)
- 442.150+ Signal Mtn, TN KG4OVQ WJ9J 444.450+
- 224.160- (100.0) Biskey Mtn, GA KC4JNN WJ9J 444.450+
- 53.050- (100.0) Biskey Mtn, GA KC4JNN WJ9J 444.450+
- 443.500+ (100.0) Biskey Mtn, GA KC4JNN KC4AQS 146.805+
- 146.895+ (77.0) Dallas, GA WD4LUQ KD4YDC 444.600+ http://www.pauldingarc.com/wd4luq.html
- 224.880- (77.0) Dallas, GA WD4LUQ KD4YDC 444.600+ http://www.pauldingarc.com/wd4luq.html
- 146.820- (146.2) Atlanta, GA W4DOC W4PSZ 444.600+ http://www.w4doc.org
- KI4NGD-R Fayetteville, GA KI4NGD W4PSZ 444.600+ http://kk4gq.org
- 147.390+ (131.8) Thomaston, GA KT4YP W4PSZ 444.600+ Repeater Info
- 145.190- (110.9) Pine Mtn , GA WB4ULJ W4PSZ 444.600+ Repeater Info
- 224.660- (110.9) Pine Mtn , GA WB4ULJ W4PSZ 444.600+ Repeater Info